Thursday, July 23, 2009

Page One/the attic

Date: August
Place: The Attic
i found the diary's in August as i was in the attic searching for an old typewriter. i am not sure which is more significant...the diary's or the typewriter? this is only a small part of my find. the attic was so fucking hot but the pull to dig around was strong. The heat would give me a good sweat.
I had heard from a neighbor that there was some sort of typewriter business here, this i haven't fully researched but I will. I remembered when I moved in we had more than a few old typewriters hangen around and one day in my cleaning mode i took them all to the thrift store where someone else would be lured by them and take them home but only to dust. Now as I remember back...what was I thinking. So, what was a typewriter doing in the attic....waiting for me to rescue it from the heat? getting in the attic is a chore in it's self. First find the step ladder so I can reach the string, then find the extension cord (never where it should be) then the lamp, preferably with a light bulb that still works. I have learned over the years the rituals of the attic.
There is an old thermomater placed on one of the beams, my favorite thing, who would put a thermomater in an attic? It is always faithful at confirming how hot it really. My game is to guess the temperture before I read the thermomater. I am guessing 110, pretty close it was 102.





No comments:

Post a Comment

connect...